Saturday, June 9, 2012

Twilight Architecture


I am first to admit, I am a Twihard.

Urban dictionary defines a Twihard as:

Stupid obsessive people (mostly teenage girls) who are "in love with fictional characters and wouldn't know a good book if it punched them in the face.

Twihard: "OMG!! Isn't Edward Cullen like so hot??? I'm gonna marry him!!!"
Awesome person who isn't insane: "Dude, he's not real."
Twihard: "How could you say that?! I'm in love with him!!"

I am not THAT bad, but I do like the series and may or may not find Edward Cullen [Robert Pattinson] 'dreamy'.

But I digress...

Ever since I saw the first Twilight movie, I fell in love with the house they used as the Cullen residence.
It has been written about many time before online, but I thought I would share it with you anyway.

 Twilight
I love all the natural light




It was designed by Jeff Kovel. As he says in an interview:

“The Hoke residence was originally built as a ‘spec’ house... a project built without a client as a development for sale.


After two days on the market, the house was purchased by the director of footwear design at Nike, John Hoke. Following a cover story in a northwest architecture publication, The Hoke’s were approached by a film location scout, a little film called Twilight.”

I love the rock feature window


The open space and bookshelf I love

So stylish


I love how the bathroom opens out into the forest

Edward Cullen's room as styled in Twilight.



New Moon
As the second movie New Moon was filed in Canada, the producers used another house as the Cullen residence.

I don't like it as much as the Hoke house. I prefer the white palette in the first house... however it is still lovely.










As far as I am aware the next two movies used movie sets as the Cullen residence.

16 comments:

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!